Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kennebago River



This is a painting of Kennebago Lake in northern Maine. I spent a little time up there fishing with friends a few years ago. It was quite a scene with a canoe full of dogs and fly fishing gear. One of those great ideas that would have been a funny story if you weren't worried about capsizing in 55 degree water, in the middle of beautiful nowhere, with no cell service. If there were any fish they were surely scared off by muffled yells of "sit", "stay still", "lie down", and "that fly is not for you!", among other commands .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Long-Legs! Thanks for the where-u-is? comment on my blog...sorry I've been out of picture a while. Ain't got no email address for yuse anymore; tried emailing through the email post on your blog but it requires me to input your email...a vicious circle! Aaarghh - drop me a line so I can get back in touch! Rob